We're thrilled to have on board massage therapist Linda Tiguemounine.
While all our physiotherapists might provide massage as part of a wider treatment, Linda offers patients a dedicated knowledge of:
- Remedial massage
- Swedish massage
- Sports massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Scar tissue release
Linda provides massage therapy at our practice and also offers home visits.
Remedial massage is a deep massage that targets specific injuries, aches and pains.
Remedial massage is used to help:
- Relieve muscle pain and tension caused by overuse, injury or stress
- Restore flexibility to muscles and joints
- Alleviate back pain
- Break down scar tissue and fibrous tissue
- Prevent recurrence of an injury
- Boost recovery from surgery
- Alleviate tension headaches
It can be combined with stretching exercises, M.E.T.(Muscle Energy Technique) to help release tight muscles.
Swedish massage is a relaxing, gentle and flowing type of massage that can help both emotional and physical stress.
It may also:
- Promote nerve, muscle and gland health
- Improve circulation
- Speed up recovery time from sport or other muscle strain
Linda holds a Diploma of Remedial Massage and Diploma of Fitness from the Australian College of Natural Therapies and is a member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society.
Her massage hours are Tuesdays 2-5pm, Thursdays 10.30am-6pm, Fridays 2-5.30pm and Saturdays 8am-12pm.